twitter
rss

Setting limits with clothes shopping

There is a friend of mine whom go to school same with me. She bring along herself a credit card given by her father with credit limit of $500 and was warned not to go over it. Whatever outstanding every month will be settle by her dad thus giving her a new limit to spend. The limit was make use every month with the purchase of new clothes . Imagine that she had too many clothes until where there were some that she had purchased had never been worn. Even if she wear it, it will never be worn again.


I do not understand why she keep buying clothes which she did not wear it at all. What happen to her spending life as sooner or later she is going to get married and her dad will no longer supporting the credit card.


I have always believed that it is important for us to set a limit of spending to our children and the way they spend. The limit should be reasonable based on their basic requirement and to teach them to value whatever they buy. Finding value in things we buy will help us to appreciate them more and as such will have a desire to take care whatever we have valued.


My mom set a spending limit for me when I was young. I do not have a lot of money at that time. A $100 for buying clothes is that what I get. My mom doesn’t mind where I purchase the clothes ie be it at a local department or a big store as long as the amount is the same. With $100, I could get a $42 Guess jeans and a few shirts. I know the value of things and as such the Guess jeans is really important for me to take care as it cost so much money. I can spent the money elsewhere for better , but I learn the value of the money given by my mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment